The things I will do to get my friends to listen to my podcast.
Today’s episode was specially requested by them and pays homage to the fact that I cannot sleep without the noise of a fan whirring in the background. Which means whoever rooms with me when we go away also has to room with my fan. Lucky them!
Speaking of sleep, that’s what Carly and I are really talking about today – our best tips for both getting to sleep in a timely fashion, and staying asleep. Here’s what we cover:
- Set up your environment optimally: bedroom should be dark, quiet, cool
- Exercise every day
- Develop a good pre-sleep routine
- Understand how you process caffeine and adjust the timing of your last cup accordingly
- White noise generators/fans
- Try Sleep With Me app or the nightlife quiz. Even Coffivity might work
- Get some blue light glasses
- Avoid alcohol wherever possible.
- Drop your core temperature
- Try a body scan or sleep meditation if you’re overthinking it.
Want to come talk about it? Join our Straight and Curly group on Facebook? It’s free so what are you waiting for?!
Not sure how to listen in to these podcasts?
- If you have an iPhone – the easiest thing to do is open up the Podcasts app (which is on all iPhones) and search for ‘Straight and Curly’. When it comes up, simply subscribe. Once you’re subscribed, all our episodes will automatically download to your phone (and we will love you to the moon and back).
- If you’re on your computer, the direct link to our show in iTunes is here. Once you’ve subscribed in iTunes, it will download our episodes into your iTunes and you can then add them to whichever iDevice you like from there.
- If you’re on an Android phone, you will need to first install a podcast app (Podcast Addict is one that’s been recommended – there is a free version) and then search via that app for ‘Straight and Curly’.
- For a more detailed breakdown of the above, check out Nicole Avery’s post here.
- And if all else fails, you can listen to the show directly via the player below 🙂