Carly has always struggled to attain or maintain a healthy weight. I’ve not had the same trouble. But, I’m finding as I get older, weight control is becoming less easy. Which means I have to pay more attention to what I’m eating. Which sets me on a slippery path towards becoming obsessive about what I’m eating. And, having been there, done that, and taken a long time to re-train my brain to not obsess about food, I don’t really want to do it again!
So when both Carly and another friend Clare Hillier mentioned they’d been using intermittent fasting to good effect, I was intrigued.
I gave it a go and in this episode of Straight and Curly, Carly and I share our experiences with the 16:8 fast in particular, along with the benefits of fasting in general, and why we think fasting is the easiest way to regulate the calories you’re consuming in a day.
More reading on intermittent fasting:
- How I Lost 10kgs and Kept It Off
- Intermittent Fasting: The Definitive Guide
- What Is The Difference Between Fasting And Caloric Restriction?
- Women and Intermittent Fasting
Want to come talk about it? Join our Straight and Curly group on Facebook? It’s free so what are you waiting for?! And don’t forget – we wrote a book! Buying it is a great way to support the show and there are some low-cost options available 🙂
Not sure how to listen in to these podcasts?
- If you have an iPhone – the easiest thing to do is open up the Podcasts app (which is on all iPhones) and search for ‘Straight and Curly’. When it comes up, simply subscribe. Once you’re subscribed, all our episodes will automatically download to your phone (and we will love you to the moon and back).
- On any device, you can also now listen to the show via Spotify! Just go to podcasts in Spotify and search for Straight and Curly.
- You can also listen to the show directly via the player below 🙂