10,000 steps is a real buzzword at the moment, popularised by gadgets such as the Jawbone and Fitbit.
- Where did that number even come from?
- What benefits can be derived from walking 10,000 steps a day?
- How hard is it to get to 10,000 steps in a day?
That’s what we discuss in this episode while also offering some practical tips for getting your steps up to that magical 10,000 mark and beyond.
We also touch on the important distinction between doing this kind of thing for weight loss as opposed to doing it for your future self. Personally – I think looking after the elderly version of ourselves and ensuring that person retains their mobility late into life is the single most important reason for doing things like 10,000 steps.
Not sure how to listen in to these podcasts?
- If you have an iPhone – the easiest thing to do is open up the Podcasts app (which is on all iPhones) and search for ‘Straight and Curly’. When it comes up, simply subscribe. Once you’re subscribed, all our episodes will automatically download on to your phone (and we will love you to the moon and back).
- If you’re on your computer, the direct link to our show in iTunes is here. Once you’ve subscribed in iTunes, it will download our episodes into your iTunes and you can then add them to whichever iDevice you like from there.
- And if all else fails, you can listen to the show directly via the player below 🙂