Today’s episode takes a two-pronged approach to decluttering:
- First we tell you how to get rid of all the crap
- Then we tell you how to stop it coming back in
Because the secret shame of any decluttering effort is the fact that when we’re getting rid of crap, most of it’s ending up landfill.
Things we talk about in this episode:
- Using things up before replacing them or getting new ones
- Playing the Minimalist Game
- Carly’s ‘Big List of Things You Need To Get Rid Of’
- Language to use on yourself
- Reframing your thinking
- The Empty Shelf Principle
- Storage bans
- Weekly declutters
- How to do a wardrobe edit
- Borrow instead of buying (and get to know your neighbours)
Want to come talk about it? Join our Straight and Curly group on Facebook? It’s free so what are you waiting for?! And don’t forget – we wrote a book! Buying it is a great way to support the show and there are some low-cost options available. You can also support the show via Patreon
Not sure how to listen in to these podcasts?
- If you have an iPhone – the easiest thing to do is open up the Podcasts app (which is on all iPhones) and search for ‘Straight and Curly’. When it comes up, simply subscribe. Once you’re subscribed, all our episodes will automatically download to your phone (and we will love you to the moon and back).
- On any device, you can also now listen to the show via Spotify! Just go to podcasts in Spotify and search for Straight and Curly.
- You can also listen to the show directly via the player below 🙂