It will come as no surprise to listeners of the show that Carly and I are both incredibly decisive people. Mostly because neither of us can handle the time-wasting aspect of taking ages to come to a decision.
In this episode we share our best tips for taking the agonising out of your decision-making process including:
- Spend your decision allowance on things that matter
- Use the information you have to make a decision
- Don’t let base desires lead the way
- Give yourself a time limit
- Don’t negotiate with yourself over stupid things
- Stop trying to extract maximum happiness out of every decision
- Take an outside perspective
- Practice mindfulness
Want to come talk about it? Join our Straight and Curly group on Facebook? It’s free so what are you waiting for?!
Not sure how to listen in to these podcasts?
- If you have an iPhone – the easiest thing to do is open up the Podcasts app (which is on all iPhones) and search for ‘Straight and Curly’. When it comes up, simply subscribe. Once you’re subscribed, all our episodes will automatically download to your phone (and we will love you to the moon and back).
- If you’re on your computer, the direct link to our show in iTunes is here. Once you’ve subscribed in iTunes, it will download our episodes into your iTunes and you can then add them to whichever iDevice you like from there.
- If you’re on an Android phone, you will need to first install a podcast app (Podcast Addict is one that’s been recommended – there is a free version) and then search via that app for ‘Straight and Curly’.
- For a more detailed breakdown of the above, check out Nicole Avery’s post here.
- And if all else fails, you can listen to the show directly via the player below 🙂