Ah habits. Why are the bad ones so easy to make? Why do the good ones never truly take hold? How do we unwittingly sabotage ourselves when it comes to making the good ones?
In this week’s episode of Straight and Curly we answer all these questions along with sharing our ten best tips for habit creation:
- Shorter to do lists
- Positive momentum
- Scheduling tasks and apps to help you do that
- Habit setting mindset
- Lowering barriers
- Understanding how habits are formed
- Checking in with your future self
- Auditing your environment for success
- Focusing on keystone habits
Things we mention
- Gretchen Rubin’s Four Tendencies Framework (Take the quiz)
- Implementation vs Action study
- Support the show via Patreon
Want to come talk about it? Join our Straight and Curly group on Facebook? It’s free so what are you waiting for?! And don’t forget – we wrote a book! Buying it is a great way to support the show and there are some low-cost options available 🙂
Not sure how to listen in to these podcasts?
- If you have an iPhone – the easiest thing to do is open up the Podcasts app (which is on all iPhones) and search for ‘Straight and Curly’. When it comes up, simply subscribe. Once you’re subscribed, all our episodes will automatically download to your phone (and we will love you to the moon and back).
- On any device, you can also now listen to the show via Spotify! Just go to podcasts in Spotify and search for Straight and Curly.
- You can also listen to the show directly via the player below 🙂