Carly and I came to a very disturbing realisation recently. Despite being credited with being highly focused and disciplined people, we’re not. We’re both easily bored and distracted. Yet, we still manage to be highly effective and productive people.
In this week’s episode we discuss the things we do to overcome our natural squirrel-like twitchiness including:
- Employ the ‘just start’ method to overcome friction
- Use gadgets and apps like Flow State, Self Control and timers
- Mix up your environment
- Watch for hetero-genus complexity and context switching
- Schedule your to-do list
- Watch the wheat
- Remind yourself ‘WHY’
- Activate habits and routines
Want to come talk about it? Join our Straight and Curly group on Facebook? It’s free so what are you waiting for?!
Not sure how to listen in to these podcasts?
- If you have an iPhone – the easiest thing to do is open up the Podcasts app (which is on all iPhones) and search for ‘Straight and Curly’. When it comes up, simply subscribe. Once you’re subscribed, all our episodes will automatically download to your phone (and we will love you to the moon and back).
- If you’re on your computer, the direct link to our show in iTunes is here. Once you’ve subscribed in iTunes, it will download our episodes into your iTunes and you can then add them to whichever iDevice you like from there.
- If you’re on an Android phone, you will need to first install a podcast app (Podcast Addict is one that’s been recommended – there is a free version) and then search via that app for ‘Straight and Curly’.
- For a more detailed breakdown of the above, check out Nicole Avery’s post here.
- And if all else fails, you can listen to the show directly via the player below 🙂
Image credit: Ryan Winterbotham // Unsplash