Recently, a listener asked this question in the Let It Be Facebook group:
“I’d like to hear what you’d say about staying positive and zen in the midst of high-strung coworkers and friends. People are constantly complaining about how hard it all is and it’s awkward to not agree with them. What do I talk about if I can’t complain about being too busy? How can I have more positive conversations? How can I talk about what I’m grateful for in my life without seeming like I’m bragging? I’m taking your advice but I feel like I’m in constant battle against the negative tide of all small talk.”
In this episode Brooke and I share our thoughts and strategies around dealing with relentlessly negative people )while also pointing out that being relentlessly positive can be just as annoying)!
Want to chat more about this episode (or other Let It Be episodes)? We’ve created a Facebook group to make that easy. Come join in!
Not sure how to listen in to these podcasts?
- If you have an iPhone – the easiest thing to do is open up the Podcasts app (which is on all iPhones) and search for ‘Let it Be’. When it comes up, simply subscribe. Once you’re subscribed, all our episodes will automatically download on to your phone (and we will love you to the moon and back).
- If you’re on your computer, the direct link to our show in iTunes is here. Once you’ve subscribed in iTunes, it will download our episodes into your iTunes and you can then add them to whichever iDevice you like from there.
- If you’re on an Android phone, you will need to first install a podcast app (Podcast Addict is one that’s been recommended – there is a free version) and then search via that app for ‘Let It Be’.
- For a more detailed breakdown of the above, check out Nicole Avery’s post here.
- And if all else fails, you can listen to the show directly via the player below – or download the mp3 to transfer to your audio listening device of choice 🙂