So if last week’s episode basically amounted to free counselling for me from Brooke (with regard to dealing with uncertainty), then this week I got to return the favour!
Brooke gets very vulnerable today in sharing a mental battle she faces every day, dealing with her (very vicious, confidence destroying) Inner Mean Girl. Now I don’t have that kind of Inner Mean Girl, but after reading this article from Christine Arylo it appears that I do have these: the Achievement Junkie, the Doing Addict, the Good Girl, the Worrywart, and the Invincible Super Woman. Oops.
Between us, Brooke and I cover off:
- Why do we even have Inner Mean Girls?
- Why are they inclined to damage and harm and stop us from trying new things, recognising contentment and finding acceptance?
- And despite their nastiness, do they actually have a role to play?
I also share that while my natural confidence has always helped me combat my Inner Mean Girl(s) without too much drama, a bout of post-natal depression gave me a taste for what life without confidence looks like. And it wasn’t pretty.
Not sure how to listen in to these podcasts?
- If you have an iPhone – the easiest thing to do is open up the Podcasts app (which is on all iPhones) and search for ‘Let it Be’. When it comes up, simply subscribe. Once you’re subscribed, all our episodes will automatically download on to your phone (and we will love you to the moon and back).
- If you’re on your computer, the direct link to our show in iTunes is here. Once you’ve subscribed in iTunes, it will download our episodes into your iTunes and you can then add them to whichever iDevice you like from there.
- And if all else fails, you can listen to the show directly via the player below 🙂