So, the first thing we have to highlight is we’re taking a little break from recording Let It Be – just to freshen up our brains and practise what we preach (less doing, more being!) It won’t be a long break, however, we will be back in June 🙂
On to this episode.
Spurred by a comment in the Let It Be Facebook group, we wanted to talk about the idea of simply being ‘mediocre’ in life. That not everything is about striving and bettering and being at the top of your game.
Unsurprisingly, we have both similar and different views on this.
We are both are strivers in certain areas, but Brooke is a more go with the flow person in general, whereas I have a tendency to want to do things as well as humanly possible all the time. Interestingly though, we both understand the importance of living a life filled with contentment, not using striving as an excuse to be unhappy.
The Facebook comment also touched on the idea of selfishness – is it selfish to not use our talents and strengths to their fullest capacity, thereby starving the world of our gifts – or do we not owe the world anything? Listen in below to hear our thoughts.
Links we mention:
- The Small, Happy Life – via David Brooks
- Living a Small Life – via A Life Less Frantic
- It’s OK to Live a Mediocre Life – via Nosidebar
Want to chat more about this episode (or other Let It Be episodes)? We’ve created a Facebook group to make that easy. Come join in!
Not sure how to listen in to these podcasts?
- If you have an iPhone – the easiest thing to do is open up the Podcasts app (which is on all iPhones) and search for ‘Let it Be’. When it comes up, simply subscribe. Once you’re subscribed, all our episodes will automatically download on to your phone (and we will love you to the moon and back).
- If you’re on your computer, the direct link to our show in iTunes is here. Once you’ve subscribed in iTunes, it will download our episodes into your iTunes and you can then add them to whichever iDevice you like from there.
- If you’re on an Android phone, you will need to first install a podcast app (Podcast Addict is one that’s been recommended – there is a free version) and then search via that app for ‘Let It Be’.
- For a more detailed breakdown of the above, check out Nicole Avery’s post here.
- And if all else fails, you can listen to the show directly via the player below – or download the mp3 to transfer to your audio listening device of choice 🙂