What does a simple life actually look like? And is it really that simple?
Those are the main questions Brooke and I tackle on the show today. We’re always being asked, “You guys look so busy, how can you claim to lead a simple life?”
Our response? We think people mix up a ‘simple life’ with an ‘easy life’. And we’re not sure there’s such a thing as an easy life. We all have our challenges, problems and worries (first world problems are still problems).
For me – a simple life is one where I feel I have choices, and also one where I’ve set things up to be able to make good decisions more easily; to be pro-active rather than reactive. Brooke calls that ‘values-based living’ and I really like that term.
Things we mention in this episode:
- Brooke’s chat with Carl Honore
- This great post from Thing Big, Live Simply titled: Why living The Simple Life isn’t a simple life…
Not sure how to listen in to these podcasts?
- If you have an iPhone – the easiest thing to do is open up the Podcasts app (which is on all iPhones) and search for ‘Let it Be’. When it comes up, simply subscribe. Once you’re subscribed, all our episodes will automatically download on to your phone (and we will love you to the moon and back).
- If you’re on your computer, the direct link to our show in iTunes is here. Once you’ve subscribed in iTunes, it will download our episodes into your iTunes and you can then add them to whichever iDevice you like from there.
- And if all else fails, you can listen to the show directly via the player below – or download the mp3 to transfer to your audio listening device of choice 🙂