This week on Let it Be Brooke and I take a break from existential conversations to talk about our favourite thing in the world: books. We’re both big readers and ensure we make time every day for it. If you too love reading and especially love memoirs from whip-smart comedians and a spot of dystopian fiction, then you’ll want to listen in. Especially as Kelly has a confession to make about Harry Potter.
An incomplete list of the books we mention:
- The Hunger Games trilogy by Suzanne Collins
- Harry Potter by J.K. Rowling
- The Name of the Wind and The Wise Man’s Fear by Patrick Rothfuss
- Wool and Sand by Hugh Howey
- The Hobbit and Lord of the Rings by J.R. Tolkien
- The Wheel of Time series by Robert Jordan and Brandon Sanderson
- Game of Thrones by George R.R. Martin
- A Little Life by Hanya Yanaigihara
- We Are All Completely Beside Ourselves by Karen Joy Fowler
- Sick in the Head: Conversations About Life and Comedy by Judd Apatow
- Yes Please by Amy Poehler
- Bossypants by Tina Fey
- Tribes by Seth Godin
- Mamamia by Mia Freedman
- Down Under by Bill Bryson
- Scar Tissue by Anthony Kiedis
- Slash: The Autobiography by Slash
Not sure how to listen in to these podcasts?
- If you have an iPhone – the easiest thing to do is open up the Podcasts app (which is on all iPhones) and search for ‘Let it Be’. When it comes up, simply subscribe. Once you’re subscribed, all our episodes will automatically download on to your phone (and we will love you to the moon and back).
- If you’re on your computer, the direct link to our show in iTunes is here. Once you’ve subscribed in iTunes, it will download our episodes into your iTunes and you can then add them to whichever iDevice you like from there.
- And if all else fails, you can listen to the show directly via the player below – or download the mp3 to transfer to your audio listening device of choice 🙂