I’ve long been obsessed with the topic of ‘confidence’. It’s something I’ve always had and I’d pegged that to my upbringing by parents who created an environment in which it was very safe to try things, and fail. But Brooke had a very similar upbringing to me, is an incredibly astute, articulate and accomplished person … yet doesn’t have the same confidence levels.
In this episode she really puts herself on the line and allows me to ask some very probing questions. Mostly I was interested to know:
- What allows her to show up every single day and continue to put herself out there despite the horrid mean girl voice in her head telling her she’s a fraud.
- Why she feels unable to take credit for helping people (when they reach out to tell her she’s done so).
- Where she thinks the line between confidence and arrogance is.
I think this is such an important episode for anyone whose struggles with confidence are holding them back. The methods Brooke uses to just keep pushing on will, I think, be an inspiration for you. (<< God, she would kill me for writing that.)
Not sure how to listen in to these podcasts?
- If you have an iPhone – the easiest thing to do is open up the Podcasts app (which is on all iPhones) and search for ‘Let it Be’. When it comes up, simply subscribe. Once you’re subscribed, all our episodes will automatically download on to your phone (and we will love you to the moon and back).
- If you’re on your computer, the direct link to our show in iTunes is here. Once you’ve subscribed in iTunes, it will download our episodes into your iTunes and you can then add them to whichever iDevice you like from there.
- And if all else fails, you can listen to the show directly via the player below – or download the mp3 to transfer to your audio listening device of choice 🙂