What’s a lifestyle detox? It’s simply taking something out of your life for a bit – be it a day, a week, a month … and seeing whether doing so makes your life better. Sometimes you take the thing out and then decide to keep it out. Sometimes taking the thing out simply allows you hit the reset button.
Lifestyle detoxes are fun ways to self-experiment and in this episode Carly and I share ten everyone should try at least once:
- No alcohol for a month
- No coffee for a month
- No processed/packet food for a month
- No screens for a weekend
- Taking a break from toxic people
- No complaining for a week/month
- No comments on other people’s appearance
- Giving up watching the news/reading newspapers
- Giving up negative comments towards your partner
- Availability detox
Want to come talk about it? Join our Straight and Curly group on Facebook? It’s free so what are you waiting for?! And don’t forget – we wrote a book! Buying it is a great way to support the show and there are some low-cost options available 🙂
Not sure how to listen in to these podcasts?
- If you have an iPhone – the easiest thing to do is open up the Podcasts app (which is on all iPhones) and search for ‘Straight and Curly’. When it comes up, simply subscribe. Once you’re subscribed, all our episodes will automatically download to your phone (and we will love you to the moon and back).
- On any device, you can also now listen to the show via Spotify! Just go to podcasts in Spotify and search for Straight and Curly.
- You can also listen to the show directly via the player below 🙂