Carly is super-nervous about this show. I’ve told her she’s got nothing to worry about. Because our listeners are awesome. Right?
The fact is, there are few things in life that the two of us are black and white about. The ones we are, most get a run in this show. When you’re definitive about something, it’s hard not to offend people. Also, sometimes there’s no point getting up on your soapbox if the audience simply isn’t going to be receptive.
In this episode, we try to figure out how to express your passion for certain topics without causing people to back away from you slowly.
Resources we mention:
- Elizabeth Kolbert – Why facts don’t change our minds
- Clementine Ford – Giving up your name after marriage is a choice that’s worth questioning
Want to come talk about it? Join our Straight and Curly group on Facebook? It’s free so what are you waiting for?!
Not sure how to listen in to these podcasts?
- If you have an iPhone – the easiest thing to do is open up the Podcasts app (which is on all iPhones) and search for ‘Straight and Curly’. When it comes up, simply subscribe. Once you’re subscribed, all our episodes will automatically download to your phone (and we will love you to the moon and back).
- If you’re on your computer, the direct link to our show in iTunes is here. Once you’ve subscribed in iTunes, it will download our episodes into your iTunes and you can then add them to whichever iDevice you like from there.
- If you’re on an Android phone, you will need to first install a podcast app (Podcast Addict is one that’s been recommended – there is a free version) and then search via that app for ‘Straight and Curly’.
- For a more detailed breakdown of the above, check out Nicole Avery’s post here.
- And if all else fails, you can listen to the show directly via the player below 🙂