This is the second of a three-part series Carly and I are doing in an attempt to demystify food and diets. And I won’t lie, it’s a bigger job than I thought!
In this episode we cover
- Not having any non-nourishing food in the house
- Buying treats one at a time/in small single portion sizes
- The strategy of convenience/inconvenience
- Choosing to prioritise health over saving money
- Having 5 cups of veggies every day
- Getting comfortable with being hungry
- Serving yourself on a smaller plate
- Spending calories wisely
- Always sitting down to eat
- Drinking HEAPS of water
- Making good choices 80% of the time so that you can be more relaxed 20% of the time
- 10 good habits you can build around food
- Alexx Stuart’s Low Tox Life website for great, ‘real food’ recipes and her ‘Thrive’ program: Raising kids who love real food.
- Straight and Curly Episode 5: Eat 5 cups of veggies every day
- Carly’s Wholesome Habits challenge: come join in the fun in the Straight and Curly Facebook group – Carly will share the challenge in there.
Not sure how to listen in to these podcasts?
- If you have an iPhone – the easiest thing to do is open up the Podcasts app (which is on all iPhones) and search for ‘Straight and Curly’. When it comes up, simply subscribe. Once you’re subscribed, all our episodes will automatically download to your phone (and we will love you to the moon and back).
- If you’re on your computer, the direct link to our show in iTunes is here. Once you’ve subscribed in iTunes, it will download our episodes into your iTunes and you can then add them to whichever iDevice you like from there.
- And if all else fails, you can listen to the show directly via the player below 🙂