So. Motivation. It’s a real bugbear of mine (because I hate it when people rely on motivation to get things done)! And apparently, it’s the same for Carly.
But if you can’t rely on motivation, what can you rely on?
Well, we have lots of thoughts on that! In today’s episode we cover:
- Managing expectations of yourself better
- Giving yourself permission to make changes slowly
- Falling in love with the process over the outcome
- Pretending you’re in a movie montage (!!)
- Letting things go
- Set a reward
- Finding joy in the completion of tasks
Resources we mention
- James Clear: The myth of passion and motivation
- Smaggle: How To Stay Motivated When You’re Giving Something Up
- Kelly Exeter: Permission to make change slowly
Not sure how to listen in to these podcasts?
- If you have an iPhone – the easiest thing to do is open up the Podcasts app (which is on all iPhones) and search for ‘Straight and Curly’. When it comes up, simply subscribe. Once you’re subscribed, all our episodes will automatically download to your phone (and we will love you to the moon and back).
- If you’re on your computer, the direct link to our show in iTunes is here. Once you’ve subscribed in iTunes, it will download our episodes into your iTunes and you can then add them to whichever iDevice you like from there.
- And if all else fails, you can listen to the show directly via the player below 🙂