Carly and I are both naturally confident people. But that doesn’t mean we’ve not had that confidence dented at various stages of our lives.
In this episode we talk about where we think our confidence comes from and what we’ve done to nurture it over the years. Then we both share our top five tips for ‘faking’ confidence when it’s not in abundance.
Ideas we cover:
- Do things you rock at
- Show em’ the old razzle dazzle
- Back yourself
- Concentrate on body language
- Make the person you’re talking to feel like the best human in the world
- If you know what the thing is that took your confidence away – name it
- Surround yourself with people who make you feel good about yourself
- Get out the instructions and fix something at home
- Watch Suits
- Try something you don’t think you’ll be good at
- Kelly’s post 8 ways to rebuild lost confidence
- Book: The Courage Quotient: How Science Can Make You Braver
- Carol Dweck’s research into growth mindsets and how this impacts confidence
- Amy Cuddy’s TED Talk on the power of body language
Not sure how to listen in to these podcasts?
- If you have an iPhone – the easiest thing to do is open up the Podcasts app (which is on all iPhones) and search for ‘Straight and Curly’. When it comes up, simply subscribe. Once you’re subscribed, all our episodes will automatically download to your phone (and we will love you to the moon and back).
- If you’re on your computer, the direct link to our show in iTunes is here. Once you’ve subscribed in iTunes, it will download our episodes into your iTunes and you can then add them to whichever iDevice you like from there.
- And if all else fails, you can listen to the show directly via the player below 🙂