If you work in the corporate world, you probably have to attend a lot of meetings and don’t get really get to push back against the fact that most meetings are a giant waste of time. Those of us who work for ourselves, we have a bit more control over that, yet we still find ourselves having more meetings than we should.
In this episode Carly and I discuss:
- Why we loathe meetings so much,
- How to do meetings better,
- What the research says, and
- How to get out of meetings that don’t really require your presence.
Not sure how to listen in to these podcasts?
- If you have an iPhone – the easiest thing to do is open up the Podcasts app (which is on all iPhones) and search for ‘Straight and Curly’. When it comes up, simply subscribe. Once you’re subscribed, all our episodes will automatically download on to your phone (and we will love you to the moon and back).
- If you’re on your computer, the direct link to our show in iTunes is here. Once you’ve subscribed in iTunes, it will download our episodes into your iTunes and you can then add them to whichever iDevice you like from there.
- And if all else fails, you can listen to the show directly via the player below 🙂