Listener Saskia asked:
What do you do when you’ve achieved your goals? How do you deal with the existential dread of “is this is the rest of my life?” How do you set new goals after doing the goals that you’ve strived to reach? What comes after schooling, babies, marriage, house, whatever you’ve pursued. What’s the answer to “Now what??”
Whew, big topic! One that resonated quite deeply with those in the Straight and Curly Facebook group. While I regularly experience existential crises, Carly is far too sensible for them! So, we do contradict ourselves a little in this ep.
That said, I think we also manage to come up with a good variety of strategies for managing this tricksy feeling!
Want to come talk about it? Join our Straight and Curly group on Facebook? It’s free so what are you waiting for?!
Not sure how to listen in to these podcasts?
- If you have an iPhone – the easiest thing to do is open up the Podcasts app (which is on all iPhones) and search for ‘Straight and Curly’. When it comes up, simply subscribe. Once you’re subscribed, all our episodes will automatically download to your phone (and we will love you to the moon and back).
- If you’re on your computer, the direct link to our show in iTunes is here. Once you’ve subscribed in iTunes, it will download our episodes into your iTunes and you can then add them to whichever iDevice you like from there.
- If you’re on an Android phone, you will need to first install a podcast app (Podcast Addict is one that’s been recommended – there is a free version) and then search via that app for ‘Straight and Curly’.
- For a more detailed breakdown of the above, check out Nicole Avery’s post here.
- And if all else fails, you can listen to the show directly via the player below 🙂