For most of my life I’ve been a dedicated over-committer. I’ve always loved helping people and am completely addicted to the way their faces light up when I say ‘Yes’ to them.
All this does, of course, is consistently land me in a big pile of constant overwhelm and resentment. And, eventually, I had to put a stop to it all. So, I spent the whole of 2012 practising saying ‘No’
Carly, as listeners know from previous episodes, hates saying No to any work that is on offer, and has huge FOMO (fear of missing out) too. She would also rather than lie than ever tell someone No!
In this episode I share all the techniques I learnt in my Year of Saying No, and I try to give Carly and few more tools to do the same.
Want to come talk about it? Join our Straight and Curly group on Facebook? It’s free so what are you waiting for?!
Not sure how to listen in to these podcasts?
- If you have an iPhone – the easiest thing to do is open up the Podcasts app (which is on all iPhones) and search for ‘Straight and Curly’. When it comes up, simply subscribe. Once you’re subscribed, all our episodes will automatically download to your phone (and we will love you to the moon and back).
- If you’re on your computer, the direct link to our show in iTunes is here. Once you’ve subscribed in iTunes, it will download our episodes into your iTunes and you can then add them to whichever iDevice you like from there.
- If you’re on an Android phone, you will need to first install a podcast app (Podcast Addict is one that’s been recommended – there is a free version) and then search via that app for ‘Straight and Curly’.
- For a more detailed breakdown of the above, check out Nicole Avery’s post here.
- And if all else fails, you can listen to the show directly via the player below 🙂