Josie has a conundrum – after spending most of her life striving relentlessly, she’s come to a place where she’s … satisfied. And it’s kind of freaking her out. Josie asked:
- Do you think it’s important to have goals in life and to strive, or is it just as valid to meander along?
- Do you think strivers can often have a negative undercurrent to their need to achieve? Or is this not that common?
- How do you recognise when your goal setting is coming from a negative place?
- And, any tips on how I can find motivation again to try and strive for a new goal that’s truly important to me and not about what other people think?
Given we’re both dedicated strivers, answering the above questions provided Carly and I with the opportunity to do some self-reflection of our own!
Want to come talk about it? Join our Straight and Curly group on Facebook? It’s free so what are you waiting for?!
Not sure how to listen in to these podcasts?
- If you have an iPhone – the easiest thing to do is open up the Podcasts app (which is on all iPhones) and search for ‘Straight and Curly’. When it comes up, simply subscribe. Once you’re subscribed, all our episodes will automatically download to your phone (and we will love you to the moon and back).
- If you’re on your computer, the direct link to our show in iTunes is here. Once you’ve subscribed in iTunes, it will download our episodes into your iTunes and you can then add them to whichever iDevice you like from there.
- If you’re on an Android phone, you will need to first install a podcast app (Podcast Addict is one that’s been recommended – there is a free version) and then search via that app for ‘Straight and Curly’.
- For a more detailed breakdown of the above, check out Nicole Avery’s post here.
- And if all else fails, you can listen to the show directly via the player below 🙂