Despite our best efforts to show people it’s not the case, some people still seem to think Carly and I swan through life without a care in the world. Most likely because neither of us like discussing our problems in the moment – we prefer to talk about the things we’ve fully processed and worked through.
In today’s episode, the first before Straight and Curly takes a break for three weeks, we get vulnerable and share about the things that are bothering us right now:
- Carly’s worried about the environment and trying to reduce the amount of waste she produces … but finds it hard not to slip into becoming really vigilante about it all.
- I’ve given up my beloved Flying Solo Editor role and discuss why, even thought it’s a really sensible thing to do … it still hurts.
- Carly’s very frustrated that having an impeccable diet and working out really hard six days a week for an extended period of time recently yielded very little change on the scales. She’s worried what this means for her future self.
- At the time of recording, my kids were on school holidays and I was struggling to find the balance between getting all my work done – and giving them a fun school holiday experience.
- Both of us are frustrated by our propensity for taking on too much and I counsel Carly about what she can do to reduce her load a little.
Want to come talk about it? Join our Straight and Curly group on Facebook? It’s free so what are you waiting for?!
Not sure how to listen in to these podcasts?
- If you have an iPhone – the easiest thing to do is open up the Podcasts app (which is on all iPhones) and search for ‘Straight and Curly’. When it comes up, simply subscribe. Once you’re subscribed, all our episodes will automatically download to your phone (and we will love you to the moon and back).
- If you’re on your computer, the direct link to our show in iTunes is here. Once you’ve subscribed in iTunes, it will download our episodes into your iTunes and you can then add them to whichever iDevice you like from there.
- If you’re on an Android phone, you will need to first install a podcast app (Podcast Addict is one that’s been recommended – there is a free version) and then search via that app for ‘Straight and Curly’.
- For a more detailed breakdown of the above, check out Nicole Avery’s post here.
- And if all else fails, you can listen to the show directly via the player below 🙂